“We are what we repeatedly do.”
~ Aristotle ~
“It’s simple. Stop doing what isn’t working. Do more of what is working.”
~ John Reese ~
We’re 20 days into January and I’m wondering how you’re doing with your New Year’s Resolutions and quarterly and annual goal actions? Are you still moving forward at a pace that is inspiring or are your wheels starting to spin a little more often than you’d like?
I’m finding I’m doing both. When I did my weekly check-in yesterday, I realized it was time to reactivate a 5-step process that I use in my stress management programs to help people reconnect to emotional intelligence and shift their energy. Amazing what happens when you take your own advice! Time slows down and life become richer and more vibrant. What is important shines and what is trivial falls away. You are in the zone.
Here’s the process. Let me know how it works for you.
1. Take a deep breath and focus on your body. You can do this standing, sitting, or laying down.
2. Scan your body, noticing what you’re feeling, starting at your toes and work up to the top your head. Ask yourself, “On a scale of 1-10, how am I feeling?
(1=Bad, 5 = Neutral, 10 = Fantastic! (Keep this simple for now.)
3. Notice the number in your mind and feel the feeling.
4. Ask yourself, “What could I think, say, or do right now to shift this energy up one point?”
5. Do what your Inner Voice suggests and keep doing it until you move up a point. With repetition, you’ll notice that you’ll stay at higher levels longer and be able to increase your energy and good feelings more quickly.
Repeat this process a minimum of 3x a day for the next 21 days and create a new
habit that serves your health and emotional/mental wellbeing.
If you want to turn this into a habit you do without thinking twice, record your answers like I do in an Energy Journal (Click here for a sample journal sheet in pdf). You’ll heighten your awareness and create a helpful self-discovery tool to find out specifically where you lose your energy and how to get it back quickly.
I really want you to have an exceptional life, so please enjoy this journal as my gift to you. Click here to download the Energy Journal.
Enjoy your time with your Self and let me know how the Energy Journal works for you. You can leave a comment below.